The sixth London Barclays Accelerator, powered by Techstars class officially concludes
The sixth London class of the Barclays Accelerator, powered by Techstars programme, came to a close with a Demo Day showcase for investors and industry peers at Rise London in Shoreditch. Barclays announced that with more than 150 alumni companies and 15 programmes officially completed to date, the Barclays Accelerator, powered by Techstars, is one of the largest single-bank-powered portfolios globally, currently valued at over $1 billion.
This year’s London class received a record number of applications from 67 countries, where the top ten FinTech startups were chosen to participate in the 13-week programme to accelerate their business strategy and receive feedback from mentors and business sponsor teams to enhance their products and ideas.
The ten companies of the 2019 London class are:
- Blockaviation: Blockaviation is creating the world’s first global register for aircraft records.
- Capexmove: Capexmove is a platform used to draft debt financing documents and convert them into smart legal contracts.
- Inbotiqa: Inbotiqa’s Intelligent Business Email solution integrates, automates, allocates and analyses to transform communication and operations.
- Krowd: Krowd’s marketplace enables retailers to target consumers with highly personalised offers.
- Paid: Paid simplifies cash flow for small businesses and freelancers through contract management and invoice purchase.
- Photocert: Photocert provides third party trust for pictures and videos shared between businesses and their customers reciprocally.
- Smarter Human: Smarter Human’s software translates siloed data in financial services firms into actionable insights to reduce operational and regulatory risk.
- Spark Change: Spark Change is the financial instrument that stops pollution.
- Trezeo: Trezeo is building the financial safety net for the self-employed.
- UrbanFox: UrbanFox helps online merchants and payment processors detect and stop stealth fraud.