First International Bank of Israel is one of Israel’s major banking groups
First International Bank of Israel has announced the launch of a new payment service: digital wallet – FibiPay.
The digital wallet allows the Bank’s customers to make payments directly from their mobile phone when making a purchase without the need to present a credit card.
FibiPay is currently supported by Android smartphones. It allows customers to attach a credit card to their smartphone, directly from the bank app, and make a mobile payment via a tap at the store.
The new service allows the use of the digital wallet at stores in Israel and internationally, by placing the mobile device near a marked NFC payment terminal that supports an EMV component.
THere’s the list of FibiPay’s major benefits:
- Joining the service is free and is straight from the FIBI mobile app.
- Customers do not have to take a credit card anywhere and can pay from a mobile device without the need for a physical card
- No need to remember and type in a PIN code
- Place the mobile device near the terminal and pay without direct contact
- Customers do not need to give up the benefits of having the card – customers are able to view details of charges on the website and in the app, and at the same time, accumulate benefits
- The service is currently available to customers with Visa credit cards and will soon also support Mastercard. The service is available to all FIBI customers and its other banking brands: Otzar Hachayal, Ubank, and Pagi.
We’ve reported that Goldman Sachs reopened its UK cloud-based retail bank.