This comes at a time when it is claimed that over 3 million households in the UK have acquired a pet since the start of the pandemic
Metro Bank has entered into a partnership with the insurer Cardif Pinnacle via its Everypaw brand, to offer a suite of pet insurance products for dogs, cats, and rabbits.
According to the press release, some of the key features on offer from Everypaw include:
- unlimited 24/7 access to vet nurses and vets.
- 6 levels of lifetime cover to choose from, with two of these 5-star Defaqto rated and a recipient of the Feefo Trusted Service Award.
- Insure several pets for a multi-pet discount.
- Simple claims process through the online Pet Portal, with payments sent direct to your vet.
- Manage policies online at any time.
The Bank has conducted research revealing that over 8 in 10 pet owners say their pet has been important to their mental and physical health during the pandemic. Meanwhile, 6 in 10 respondents say that their pet receives more attention than anyone else in their household.
Metro Bank’s study also highlighted that while 61% said they would always get their pet insured the reality is that over half of pet owners don’t actually have insurance cover for their animals.
We’ve reported how many Brits use their pet’s names as passwords.