Amazon Pay is a popular wallet-based payment method used by millions of people across the globe. Here is how to withdraw funds from Amazon Pay to a bank account
What is Amazon Pay?
Amazon Pay is a cloud-based online payment service. It uses the multi-million consumer base of Amazon.com, giving the option to pay with users’ Amazon accounts on external merchant websites.
Anybody with an Amazon account can use the Amazon Pay button during checkout at partnering merchants. The service doesn’t require creating a new account, remembering old passwords, or re-entering their personal and contact details. Besides, the payments can be initiated with the Alexa voice service.
Therefore, the payment method significantly increases checkout conversion rates, providing a seamless experience for customers. Merchants also benefit from Amazon’s fraud detection and prevention technology.
How to withdraw money from Amazon Pay
Once you’ve successfully integrated this convenient payment method into your online store, you’ll eventually need to withdraw funds from Amazon Pay to your bank account.
To do that, you should link a bank account to the service and complete the bank account verification process. Setting up a bank account takes place via Seller Central. The connected account should be ACH-enabled since Amazon can’t directly deposit your funds. Besides, your bank account must be registered in the same country as your Amazon Pay account.
There’s how to set up a bank account step-by-step:
- Sign in to your account on Seller Central.
- Click Settings, then proceed to Account Info.
- Select Deposit Method, and then click Add.
- In the Amazon Pay area, click Add.
- Select Use a new bank account.
- Enter your bank account information, including the bank name and routing number.
- Click Submit.
After adding a new bank account, you should wait for three days until automated deposits clear and arrive at your bank account. Modifying your account details happens through the same portal.
How to withdraw money from Amazon Pay in India
Due to the functioning of the United Payment Interface (UPI) in India, Amazon Pay has its specifics in this country. Namely, not only e-commerce merchants but also brick-and-mortar store owners can accept Amazon Pay transactions with Scan & Pay functionality.
Customers, in their turn, can use Amazon Pay to cover their monthly expenses, including utility bills, DTH and mobile recharge. Moreover, Amazon Pay EMI enables Indian customers without access to credit to pay in installments.
At the same time, Amazon Pay in India has a significant drawback. It doesn’t provide the option of withdrawing money to bank accounts or other digital wallets like Paytm.
Nevertheless, customers have found a way to transfer their funds back to a bank account with the help of third-party apps.
One of the most popular ways to cash out your Amazon Pay balance in India is via SnaPay. The app is available in Google Play Store. It charges 2.99% for a transfer.
- Download SnaPay and register.
- Verify your phone number with OTP.
- Enter your details and click “Submit”.
- Log in and PIN code for the app.
- Select the ‘Manage Your Bank Account’ option from the menu.
- Enter your “Bank Account Details”
- Go to the ‘Payment Request Option’ and enter the amount you want to transfer from Amazon Pay.
- Open the generated “Request Link.”
- Continue and select the payment method as Wallet. Then tap Amazon Pay Balance.
- Log in to your Amazon account and make the payment.
Another way to transfer one’s Amazon Pay balance is using the PayMatrix website.
- Register at the service.
- Go to the Bill Payment section and click Add Biller.
- Fill in your bank details.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer and click on “Wallet.”
- Choose “Amazon Pay” and proceed.
- It will take a small fee and two days for settlement to the bank account.