founder of Breadnbeyond
Over the past few years, the sheer volume of online videos is growing dramatically. It has now become a staple content that internet users consume for their daily dose of internet.
That’s why YouTube, as a video sharing platform, has become the world’s second-largest search engine for some reason. On the platform, at least over 1 billion hours of videos are watched a day.
The staggering number of the latest statistics shows that the trend of online videos is not going anywhere, not anytime soon. Now that the demand for online videos at an all-time high, more companies than ever are wising up to the fact that they need to use videos for marketing their brand,
Why Customers Attached to Videos
The allure of online video is quite simple: in this era of immediacy, where endless content seemingly available at your fingertips, consuming a straightforward content that can solve their problems quickly is entirely meaningful.
That’s to say, reading an extensive bulky text of the product’s description is just too much effort for your customers. And this highly-engaging format can take your marketing strategy to the next level.
It tells your visitors what they need to know about your brand in a short, digestible format. So, they can watch it and grasp your core message while sipping their morning coffee or even on their way commuting.
Perks of Tapping into Video Marketing
Now that customers are hooked to online videos, every savvy marketer makes sure that they don’t miss any chance. More and more of them are endlessly fighting tooth and nails to create appealing brand videos so they can reap the benefits they deserve with their video marketing campaigns.
These statistics below will show you some salivating benefits of using video as marketing tools:
- Video marketers claim that they earn at least 66% of their qualified leads through video marketing campaigns
- More than 93% of marketers gain a new customer after they posted a brand video on their social network
- Companies that use video content as an essential part of the overall marketing strategy grow revenue 49% faster than companies without a video marketing campaign
- Over 88% of video marketers claim that they’re happy with their ROI
- Video marketing can drive at least 20% traffic to your website
- Audience is 64% more likely to buy a product after watching a video.
Video Trends in 2020 and Beyond
As video consumption habits change each year, we see some video trends ramp up while some others slowly fade away. In this brand new year of 2020 and beyond, some new trends are going to be the customers’ favorites. Those include:
- Vertical videos. Now that Snapchat, Instagram Stories, and IGTV are taking internet users’ experience to new heights, the vertical format is such a winning trend to adapt. The format is more immersive since it plays full-screen video without bothering users to turn their phone sideways.
- 360-degree videos. This trend provides innovative and attention-grabbing videos. Your viewers will be able to see the campaign video from every angle just by swiping or moving their devices. It gives them a whole new viewing-experience.
- Social videos. The massive increase of social media users over the past few years makes the demand for social media videos grow exponentially. Social media users love to watch short, entertaining, and informative videos while they’re scrolling through their feeds.
To get you more equipped for your next video campaign, check out a stunning infographic created by Breadnbeyond below about video marketing statistics for 2020 and beyond.
Andre Oentoro is the founder of Breadnbeyond, an award-winning explainer video company. He helps businesses increase conversion rates, close more sales, and get positive ROI from explainer videos (in that order).