Customer obsessed brands personalizing customer experiences drive greater loyalty and share of wallet
New research released by KPMG International entitled ‘Customer First: Customer Obsessed’ reveals that insight led brands with a focus on purpose and personalization reap the rewards of customer loyalty.
Brands were ranked across Six Pillars of Customer Experience Excellence to identify the leaders in each country: Personalization; Integrity; Expectations; Resolution; Time & Effort and Empathy. A focus on Personalization is the clear driver for customer loyalty, leading in 18 of the 20 markets. Navy Federal Credit Union, Singapore Airlines, First Direct and Hilton were among the list of brands nominated by consumers as exemplars.
The findings were based on 84,066 consumers in 20 countries, regions and jurisdictions, providing feedback on 2,075 cross-sector brands to determine which organizations are delivering standout customer experiences in 2019.
- Personalization is the clear driver for customer loyalty – Leading in 18 of the 20 markets surveyed: Australia, Austria, Brazil, France, Germany, Hong Kong (S.A.R) China, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, UK and USA.
- Consistency is key – The quality of customer experiences are improving around the world. All countries researched in 2018 have seen an uplift in their overall Customer Experience Excellence (CEE) score this year.
- The leaders are outperforming within their local markets – The CEE score for the highest-ranking brand in each market is an average of 12% higher than its respective market average.
- The top-ranked brand in each market typically outperforms the respective market average score for each pillar by around 10%.
- 3 sectors dominate the rankings – First place ranking positions are occupied by just three sectors: Financial Services, Travel & Hotels and Retail.
The leading brands in each market were chosen by customers for their performance against the Six Pillars of Customer Experience.
- Australia: Singapore Airlines
- Austria: ÖAMTC
- Brazil: Verdemar Supermercado
- Czech Republic: Air Bank
- Denmark: BroBizz
- France: Mercure
- Germany: Hilton
- Hong Kong (S.A.R) China: Singapore Airlines
- Italy: Amazon
- Luxembourg: Ernster
- Mexico: Fiesta Americana
- Netherlands: Van der Valk Hotels
- New Zealand: TSB
- Norway: Vinmonopolet
- Poland: iSpot (Apple)
- Romania: Samsung Store
- Singapore: Singapore Airlines
- Slovakia: Martinus
- UK: first direct
- US: Navy Federal Credit Union
The research also found that Integrity drives customer advocacy in 14 out of 20 markets researched. Integrity is rooted in the purpose of the organization. Companies with a strong sense of purpose; be it environmental, social or a dedication to the needs of a particular group of customers; enjoyed greater customer loyalty. They are seen as authentic and having a distinct purpose, and as a result, have meaning in the lives of their customers.
SEE ALSO: The world’s top online marketplaces: rankings & map