Yesterday, April 20, the two-day EU Startup Summit kicked off, a conference that brought together over 2,000 startup founders, enthusiasts, and investors to connect, inspire and learn! PaySpace Magazine is also in Barcelona to share new knowledge with you.
EU-Startups Summit 2023 is the 9th annual premier business conference in Barcelona that brings together the most promising European startups, investors, venture capitalists, leading companies, and the media from across Europe.
The EU-Startups Summit prides itself on having the best startup-to-investor ratios among similar events. Therefore, as a startup, you can directly cooperate with many leading European venture capital investors, business angels, and accelerators. In addition, the event is an excellent opportunity for high-level networking!
Among the participants of the event:
- Airwallex — a global payment and financial platform for modern businesses;
- CloudGard — a cloud security expert that offers a SaaS tool for AWS, Azure, and GCP;
- DDDInvoice — a company that offers global e-invoicing solutions for ISVs and enterprises;
- empact — an expert in automating reporting, filing, and paying VAT to government agencies, offering a complete SaaS platform for many EU countries;
- Feeder — a startup that provides AI tools for face recognition; the system collects data on people’s behavior and analyzes it;
- Finom — a company that provides financial solutions for entrepreneurs and freelancers;
- PayByStep — is a platform for freelancers, startups, VSEs, and SMEs that helps optimize cash flow and improve payment processes;
- Unlimint — a startup that allows companies to enter new markets.
More sdinformation about speakers and participants — EU-Startups.com.
The event occurred at the Barcelona Congress Palace (Avinguda de la Reina Maria Cristina, s/n, 08004 Barcelona). Stands of various startups were placed along the perimeter and in the center of the exhibition halls.
In the free time between speeches, the innovators, investors, and representatives of various companies gathered to discuss projects and ideas.
The speakers presented innovative developments onstage and discussed the most critical problems. One such discussion was by Qonto’s Co-Founder & CEO, Alexandre Prot.
In general, we spent many hours at various presentations and participated in exciting discussions. Some of the most interesting discussions at the event were:
10:15 Razor’s Co-Founder & CTO, Shrestha Chowdhury: The importance of technology and data in rapidly scaling businesses
and how it can be leveraged to create value for customers and stakeholders;
14:15 Remote’s SVP Finance, Pedro Monteiro de Barros / Preply’s CFO, Vicky Van Asbroeck / Novicap’s Founder & Executive Chairman,
Federico Travella / SVB’s Managing Director, Bailey Morrow: Panel Discussion about managing startup finances and alternative funding sources for tough times;
15:45 Seedrs’ Managing Director, Kristy Grant / Crowdcube’s Co-CEO, Matt Cooper / Seedblink’s CEO, Carmen Sebe /
Wefunder’s Head of EU, Katie Powers: Panel Discussion with Europe’s leading equity crowdfunding platforms
17:00 Investors on the Stage, Featuring 15 of Europe’s leading investors, presenting their VC firm and investment focus on stage.
The full main stage and workshop stage agenda can be found here.