Science & Technology

Americans: ”COVID-19 is never going away”

The company polled 1,000 US adults

COVID-19 end

Americans: ”COVID-19 is never going away”. Source:

According to a new national survey, 56% of Americans think that COVID-19 is never going away.

Meanwhile, 76% of them have already received or plan to soon receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Of the remaining 24%, nearly 6 in 10 say they are afraid of the COVID-19 vaccine.

The reason for this fear according to 50% is because of the side effects and 20% say it’s because of how fast the vaccine was created. Despite the vaccine, 67% think it’s too soon to drop mask mandates.

At the same time, 59% are in favor of some kind of vaccine passport. Mask or no mask, vaccine or no vaccine, nearly two-thirds in this “new normal” are afraid to cough or sneeze in public even if it’s not because they have COVID-19.

While 94% of our respondents say they currently have some kind of health insurance, it’s been a rocky year for most. Indeed, 45% say they have or know someone who has lost their health insurance during the pandemic. Besides, 46% don’t know their health insurance options should they lose their coverage. That’s a slight improvement from the 56% that said they didn’t know their options in April 2020.

PaySpace Magazine anticipates there is unlikely to be a precise end date for the COVID-19 pandemic. COVID-19 herd immunity isn’t reachable due to the recurrence of symptoms. We consider that the coronavirus vaccine can only contain the disease, although, it cannot wholly stop it.

We’ve reported that Amazon to cover the COVID-19 vaccine cost in India.


Pay Space

6735 Posts 0 Comments

Our editorial team delivers daily news and insights on the global payment industry, covering fintech innovations, worldwide payment methods, and modern payment options.