Booking.com releases global research about Gen Z travelers
Booking.com has conducted global research across 29 markets to uncover key insights into the Gen Z traveler.
While Gen Z (those between the ages of 16 and 24) have only just come of age they most certainly know what they want and already have ambitious travel plans:
- 65% have already compiled a travel bucket list;
- 67% are excited about all the places they’ll travel to in the future;
- 39% plan to have visited at least three different continents over the next 10 years;
- 30% also hope this decade will see them study or live in a different country;
- 52% plan on visiting or trekking to an extreme location;
- 56% want an adventure experience from their travels, such as paragliding or bungee jumping.
Wanderlust is at the top of their priorities, with “travel and seeing the world” ranked as most important when thinking about how to spend their money (65%), outranking other key milestones such as saving for a down payment on a house (60%) and investing in higher education (60%).
Gen Z is an independent generation and has a passion to ‘fly solo’, with 33% preferring to be alone when they travel and 18% wanting to take a solo backpacking trip/gap year.
SEE ALSO: Flying high with low-cost airlines: budget air trip tips