The Xbox Mastercard has no annual fee and offers numerous rewards to qualified Xbox Insiders
On Sept. 11, Xbox, Barclays and Mastercard announced the launch of Xbox Mastercard, Xbox’s first-ever co-branded credit card in the United States.
Specifically designed for the needs of the gaming community, the credit card has a range of attractive features. It has no annual fee and offers generous rewards to Xbox players. The card owners get:
- 5X card points on qualifying purchases within the Microsoft Store,
- 3X points across eligible dining delivery and streaming services,
- 1X card points for other everyday purchases,
- 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate after the first purchase (applicable to new Game Pass members),
- free online access to cardmember’s FICO Credit Score,
- access to meaningful experiences, products, and services on Mastercard’s Priceless.com, which, among others, features a new charitable limited-edition jewelry capsule collection from the prominent Ukrainian designer Svitlana Bevza that finances prosthetics and rehabilitation programs for Ukrainian children injured in the course of the ongoing war,
- and other benefits of the Mastercard network, including ID Theft Protection, Zero Liability Protection and Global Services for emergency assistance.
In addition, eligible Xbox Insiders can customize their Xbox Mastercard with one of five Xbox-inspired card designs and have their Xbox Gamertag printed on the back of the card.
Xbox Mastercard is issued by Barclays US Consumer Bank. The offering will be available on September 21 exclusively to select Xbox Insiders across all 50 states. General availability in the U.S. is expected in 2024.
Xbox Insiders residing in the continental United States, Alaska, or Hawaii can apply through the Xbox Insider Hub on the Xbox console or on a Windows PC after joining the Xbox Mastercard Preview.
“Mastercard has a long history in innovating across esports and mobile and online gaming, which has given us unique insight on what gamers want most. From new ways to personalize your card, to rewarding Xbox players with experiences they love, we’re thrilled to be collaborating with Xbox and Barclays to bring together an exciting, digital-first product.”
Sherri Haymond, EVP, Global Digital Partnerships, Mastercard