Study unveils who is ready to return to shops 

GlobalData has surveyed 2,000 UK consumers

UK consumers

Study unveils who is ready to return to shops. Source:

According to GlobalData, 66.8% of UK consumers between 16 and 24 years old are ready to visit non-essential stores once lockdown restrictions are lifted.

With the fatal risk of COVID-19 much lower for the majority of younger consumers, they are more willing to return to public places. Consequently, those retailers targeting 16-24s such as JD Sports and H&M will see footfall return more quickly than retailers, such as M&S and Debenhams, that are trying to encourage older customer bases back to stores
Sofie Willmott, Lead Retail Analyst at GlobalData

The report reveals that many retailers, including John Lewis & Partners and Reiss, are planning to reopen their stores from 15th June to test new safety measures and estimate demand. Meanwhile, Primark is opening all of its branches in England straight away, taking on its learnings from its European locations.

Primark’s stores are expected to attract young consumers who haven’t been able to get their clothing from the retailer online. Nevertheless, many of its city center branches are likely to be quiet as shoppers will be reluctant to travel to shopping locations.

We’ve reported that online fashion retailer Boohoo has acquired PrettyLittleThing.  The company already owned 66% of PrettyLittleThing’s shares, but now Boohoo also owns the other 34% shares.


Pay Space

6971 Posts 0 Comments

Our editorial team delivers daily news and insights on the global payment industry, covering fintech innovations, worldwide payment methods, and modern payment options.