President at Fortuna Visual Group Inc.
How to make the most out of your marketing campaign? Learn the comparison of digital versus traditional advertising and make up your perfect blend. After all, the secret to success is finding your ideal ratio between traditional and digital ads.
All businesses – big and small – are competing for customers. After all, it’s customers who generate sales. How do companies compete? Brands optimize price, diversify products, improve service, and introduce unique customer experience. All this is hardly necessary if your company doesn’t reach new clients. For this, you need to optimize marketing.
Some are handing out leaflets and install a round blade sign in a mall with a branded logo. Others launch several ads on Google, Facebook, or Tik Tok. Which of them are set to success? To answer this question, let’s compare digital versus traditional advertising.
What is traditional advertising meaning? Basically, it’s promoting a product or service with mass communication strategies. Traditional advertising channels include TV, radio, printed newspapers, and magazines. We all faced TV commercials and saw beautiful ads in magazines. Besides this, traditional advertising examples include leaflets, billboards, banners. In a word, every available method to reach a mass audience.
It’s no secret that with the launch of digital ads and global behavioral change in favor of online communicational channels, traditional marketing experienced an investment outflow. Nonetheless, according to the data revealed by Statista, US marketers started to spend a bit more on traditional media between February 2019 and February 2020. It means that even in a modern digital world, the “old-fashioned” ads are still performing.
Here are the advantages of traditional ads:
- Native – We are all used to TV commercials and brochures. Billboards are a normal part of the streets. Therefore, all these aren’t intrusive. Even if people don’t pay much attention, the information is saved in their minds unconsciously.
- Reach mass audience – Traditional ads are set to reach millions at once. This contributes to enhanced brand awareness among all clients.
- Affect all clusters of consumers – Not everyone lives online. Many people try to limit the time spent on the Internet. However, have you seen those who never leave their houses or listen to a radio from time to time?
The ultimate disadvantage is that it takes weeks to measure the ROI and assess the effectiveness of your marketing campaign. This increases the chance of wasting money on non-performing ads.
Digital advertising has become a new black in the 21st century. Once customers started to spend online the majority of their time, more and more brands have been appearing in the digital realm. This significantly boosts the digital advertising market. Statista states that ad spending is going to reach $355,784m in 2020.
So, what is digital marketing? It features the Internet as the communicational channel and aims to establish more in-depth relationships with prospects. Targeting and segmentation are the basis of this relationship. Thus, brands introduce a unique approach to every cluster, based on age, location, interests, and other characteristics.
Lets’ find out the pros and cons of the method:
- Data about consumers – Advanced analytics allow collecting valuable insights about your audience. This contributes to a better understanding of its needs and desires. Therefore, you can optimize your product, service, and marketing.
- Highly-personalized – Personalization is essential since every client wants to feel special. Digital marketing allows you to set up a customized ad for each cluster of your target audience. This contributes to the development of more meaningful relationships.
- Easy-to-assess – You can know the effectiveness and ROI in a second: track it day by day, hour by hour. Thus, you can optimize the ad promptly.
- Global competition – the world wide web unites every citizen from every country. Therefore, you no longer compete with local businesses only.
- Risk of negative-word-of-mouth – if one person doesn’t like your product, he can tell millions about the negative experience in a second.
The recipe for success
There is no need to neglect any marketing strategy. The performing recipe is to utilize traditional advertising methods, together with digital ones. Look at global leaders like Coca-Cola or McDonalds. They complement one another. If you want to find an ideal blend, you may turn to a professional advisor. The advising meaning is that the specialist assesses your needs and offers a working solution within a set budget. Have you tried it already?
The author is an experienced entrepreneur. He believes that a person can make a difference even with insignificant investments. In 2006 he founded the family business Fortuna Visual Group. They started off as a one-man show but now they are a crew of dedicated art crafters, designers, expert fabricators, and installers with exceptional skills, professionalism, and work knowledge.